Back to Observer Travel and Accommodation information
Getting to the Sydney OfficeThe street address of the Sydney Office is 105 Delhi Rd, North Ryde, NSW 2113.
How to access our new North Ryde premises: for visitors and for couriers
- Airport Shuttle bus:
For visitors arriving from Kingsford Smith Sydney Airport, there are a
number of Airport
buses that service the North Ryde area.
shuttle service costs around $45 per trip, with cost able to be split
passengers if more than one is going to the AAO. The shuttle service
cash or credit card payments, and a receipt can be issued. If you would
like to book a shuttle service, please go to Airport Shuttle North's
A shuttle will be booked
to meet your arrival/departure requirements
at Kingsford Smith (Sydney) Airport. Asked to be dropped at the AAO Sydney Office address above.
by car: Please note Sydney has many toll roads. For a map of Sydney
Tolls see click here.
- Approaching from the city, go over the Harbour Bridge or through the Harbour Tunnel then take the expressway exit to Epping/Lane Cove. This expressway will continue through to Epping Road, via Lane Cove Tunnel. Exit the Lane Cove Tunnel to the left onto Epping Rd. At the second set of traffic lights turn right, this is Delhi Road. More detailed driving instructions can be found by going to www.whereis.com.au or maps.google.com.au. Please note that the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Lane Cove Tunnel are both cashless tolls; cars passing these tolls need an electronic tag on their vehicle. Visitors to Sydney may obtain visitor passes for automatic tolls by going to the following:
- For Sydney Harbour Bridge & Tunnel, select `Register for a Pass on RTA's My E-Toll website.
- For Cross-City Tunnel, through Beep
- For M7, apply for an e-Pass through Roam.
- For M2, Lane Cove Tunnel and Falcon Street exit, apply through RoamExpress.
- Visitor passes can, and should, be booked in advance.
Please note that the M4 and M5 are not eligible roads for the visitor passes, as they still have cash booths available.
- For more information at http://sydneymotorways.com/.
- By taxi:
- Tell the taxi driver that the entrance to the AAO Sydney Office is at 105 Delhi Road, North Ryde. A taxi from Sydney to the Office costs about $55. From the airport expect to pay around $90.
- By bus:
- Buses from the Queen Victoria Building (QVB) in the City such as bus numbers 288, 290, 292 or 294 cross Delhi Road on their way along Epping Road from central Sydney to Epping Station (and vice versa). Details of current timetables and fares can be obtained from the State Transit Authority.
- By train:
- A train from Sydney to North Ryde station will take about 35 minutes, and it is then a 700 metre walk to the office.