Please provide your travel details for your next
Use our Observer Travel Notification Form
Just returned from an AAO observing run? Australian-based observers may claim Travel and Accommodation support from the AAO.
European-based observers who qualify for support from OPTICON should submit their claims directly to the Access Office.
For further information on travelling to the Australian Astronomical Observatory, please read the following pages:
1. Visa Requirements
2. Time and Temperature
3. Accommodation in Sydney. Please note observers are to arrange their own Sydney accommodation.
4. Getting to the Sydney Office
5. Travel between Sydney and Coonabarabran by air, car or train
6. Accommodation on Siding Spring Mountain and Coonabarabran
7. Essential - read the ICT Conditions of Use for Visitors Policy
NOTE FOR TRAVEL AGENTS AND VISITORS TO SIDING SPRING OBSERVATORY
If you are wanting to visit the Observatory at Siding Spring in a tourist/visitor capacity, please go to the Siding Spring Observatory visitors page at http://rsaa.anu.edu.au/observatories/siding-spring-observatory/exploratory-sso-visitor-centre
Information on Accommodation in Coonabarabran can be found at http://www.coonabarabran.com
You may also wish to visit the webpage for the Coonabarabran Visitors Centre.
For group tours to Siding Spring Observatory, you should contact the ANU Exploratory direct on +61 2 6842 6255. or email firstname.lastname@example.org.