ditscmd - Sends a command to a Dits task and waits for the response.
Sends a command to a Dits task and waits for the response.
This program provides a simple user interface to a Dits task.
It first gets the path to the specified Dits task and sends an obey
message with the specified name and arguments. It waits for the
response, outputting the details of any Error for Informational
messages received from the task. When the subsidiary action
completes, DITSCMD exits, returning the completion status of the
ditscmd [options] task action [action_arguments ...]
Under VxWorks, all options and arguments should be enclosed in the
If doing a parameter get operation, the arguments are
names of extra parameters to fetch.
- The name of the task to send the message to. If a remote
task use the format task@node, where node is the
internet node name of the machine the task is running on.
- The name of the action or parameter to in the task
- All other arguments are considered arguments
to the task, and are encoded as character strings
in an argument structure. If the string contains an
equals sign, it is assumed that the characters before the
equals sign are the parameter name, and the characters
after are a string value. Otherwise each argument has the
Where <n> is the number of the argument, starting at 1.
The -z option can be used to change the equals sign to
- -b size
- Depreciated. Size is the total message buffer size.
Default 15000. This size should be about 50% bigger then
that required by the reply values specified by
the "-m" option. Ths is now sized automatically if
you change the reply buffer sizes - the relevant part of
the "-m" spec. In that case the global buffer will always
be set to be at least large enough to set up the
- -m n1:n2:n3
- Sets message buffer sizes for the connection.
n1 = Messages bytes allowed for message to be sent
n2 = Messages bytes allowed for return messages
n3 = Number of return messages which may occur
Default is 800:800:10 which should be sufficient for
most command line level tasks. The first item is actually
overriden to a size appropiate for the argument to be
sent - its use here is historical.
(This argument is currently ignored under VxWorks)
- -n name
- The name this task should register itself as. Default
is DITSCMD_<n> where <N> is a hex representation of the
process id. This option may be required if you intend
to have several versions of this program outstanding
at one time.
- Send obey message (default).
- Send kick message.
- Send set message.
- Send get message. (Actually multiple parameter get
message, but this works ok one only one parameter
- Send control message.
- Send parameter monitor message.
- Send multiple parameter get message (redunant, you
should use -g).
- Report reponses verbosely using SdsList, not briefly
- -a <file>
- Read the obey arguments from the specified file rather
then the command line. Non-VxWorks versions only.
Any extra arguments will cause an error.
- -z <c>
- Change from using "equals" in the Name=value
naming convention to using the specified
character. Only the first character of the value
- If the sub-task exits, then don't return an error code from
- Output help on this program.
Tony Farrell, AAO
Click here for the DRAMA home page and
here for the AAO home page.
For more information, contact email@example.com