- At the telescope
- After the run
- Gemini Office
AAO Instrument Availability and Scheduling Policies
From time to time, the AAO Director issues announcements to the AAO user community concerning changes in the availability of instrumentation, telescope scheduling restrictions, etc. All such announcements and other policy matters are carried on this Web page.
- Instrument Status for the AAT (Semester 14B). - updated July 2014
Note, the list of available instruments, and the conditions under which proposals will be accepted to use these instruments, is updated about one month prior to the next proposal deadline.
- Information on Travel and Accommodation Support for Australian Observers - updated July 2014.
- Listing of New and Current Long Term Programs on the AAT - updated July 2014.
- ATAC Policies and Procedures - March 2012
- Information about OPTICON Trans-National Access Program at the AAO
Up to 10 nights of AAT time will be available via a separate OPTICON TAC. Unsuccessful OPTICON proposals will automatically get a second chance at receiving (unfunded) AAT time via ATAC.
- Details on procedures for AAT Time Allocation - updated 20 July 2010.
- Rules for override proposals - 17 April 2007.
- Official ATAC Constitution - 27 October 2004.
- Information about AAT Scheduling Thresholds - 28 August 2002 (revised 30 Oct 2007).
- Guidelines for Visitor Instruments - updated July 2014.
The closing dates for AAT applications are:
|February-July (A)||15 September|
|August-January (B)||17 March|