- Service Observing
- At the telescope
- After the run
- Gemini Office
Distinguished visitor scheme - 2011-2012
- Dr Vivienne Wild (link is external), (St Andrews University), visiting September 2012. Dr Wild (link sends e-mail) (hosted by Sarah Brough) worked with AAO staff on understanding the origins of galaxy bimodality, through exploring galaxy mergers, starbursts and feedback process with data from the GAMA, CALIFA, DINGO and SAMI surveys.
- Professor Bon-Chul Koo (link is external), (Seoul National University), visiting March-May 2012. Prof. Koo (link sends e-mail) (hosted by Andrew Hopkins) worked with AAO staff on supernova remnants and luminous blue variable stars in the Milky Way and the Large Magellanic Cloud, using data from the IRIS2 instrument on the AAT.
- Dr Francesca Primas, (ESO), visiting June-July 2012.
Dr Primas (fprimas - @ - eso.org; hosted by Gayandhi De Silva) will be working with AAO staff on understanding stellar chemical abundances and their impact on planet formation within the Milky Way, using high resolution optical spectroscopy.
- Associate Professor Christopher Stockdale (link is external), (Marquette University), visiting March-June 2012.
A. Prof. Stockdale (link sends e-mail) (hosted by Stuart Ryder) worked with AAO staff on monitoring and understanding the origins of supernovae using observations from Gemini and ATCA.
- Dr Peter Barnes (link is external), (University of Florida), visiting September-October 2011.
Dr Barnes (hosted by Stuart Ryder) worked with AAO staff on understanding star formation within the Milky Way, using infrared observations of known cold, dense gas clumps identified through the CHaMP (link is external) survey.
- Dr Claudio Melo (link is external), (ESO), visiting November-December 2011.
Dr Melo (link sends e-mail) (hosted by Gayandhi De Silva) worked with AAO staff on understanding the origins and formation processes of stellar clusters within the Milky Way.