- Australian TAC
- Service Observing
- Observing Resources
- Remote Observing
- After the run
- AAO IT Services
- International Telescopes Support Office
- ASVO-AAT node
After the run
The Australian Astronomical Observatory aims to provide excellent instrumentation and an high level of observing support and facilities to visiting astronomers. In order to help us maintain this high standard, we ask that you take a few minutes at the end of your observations with the AAT to fill in the report form below.
The report form refers to the Observatory's Client Service Charter. This short document sets out the performance goals of the AAO, and we ask for your judgement on how well these goals have been met.
The Observatory's policy on distributing the report forms is that they are automatically sent to the Director, Head of National Facilities Support, Operations Manager and IT Manager. They are then brought to the attention of appropriate managers by the Feedback Coordinator (Head of National Facilities Support). The Observatory will respond to any additional comments on the report form within three working days.
Users who wish to discuss any particular concerns in confidence are asked to contact the Director of the Australian Astronomical Observatory, Prof Warrick Couch, by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for completing the report form.
AAT data archives and observing logs
- Link to AAT Archive Database : search for and download AAT data.
- Link to AAT Observing Logs : check the data aquired each night
- Link to AAT Diary : check the nightly observing logs
AAT large project websites and data access
- Link to OzDES website : survey information website for OzDES
- Link to GALAH website : survey information website for GALAH
- Link to SAMI survey website : survey information website for SAMI
- Link to GAMA survey website : survey information website for GAMA
- Link to WiggleZ website : survey information website for WiggleZ
- Link to 2dF Galaxy Redshift Survey website : survey information website for 2dFGRS
- Link to SN 1987A Supernova Database : data archive for old SN1987A data
UKST data archives
- Link to RAVE website : survey information website for RAVE
- Link to 6dF Galaxy Survey website : survey information website for 6dFGS
- Link to UKST Archive Database : search for and download old UKST data
- Link to SuperCOSMOS Sky Surveys website : survey information website for the SuperCOSMOS Sky Surveys
Acknowledging the AAO in your publications
To help facilitate the tracking of publication of scientific results from the AAO, the AAO requests that users acknowledge the AAO in publications that use data obtained at the AAO. Users can use the following text as a template.
Based [in part] on data acquired through the Australian Astronomical Observatory, [under program A/2013B/012.]
The program ID used here is used as an example, and elements of the text that are eclosed in square brackets are optional.
NOTE: The information on this page is currently being updated.
Other Useful Sites
- Faint CCD Photometry for wide-field surveys.
- The Automated Plate Scanner Catalog of POSS I at the University of Minnesota.
- The Guide Star Catalogue of bright stars from the Space Telescope Science Institute
- SkyView provides images from the DSS and other catalogues at NASA/GSFC
- Lyon-Meudon Extragalactic Database (LEDA)
- NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database (NED)
- Centre de Données astronomiques de Strasbourg is a source of many published catalogues and the Simbad database.
- Radio Surveys of many kinds are available from ATNF.