- Australian TAC
- Service Observing
- Observing Resources
- Remote Observing
- After the run
- AAO IT Services
- International Telescopes Support Office
- ASVO-AAT node
Distinguished visitor scheme - 2012-2013
- Professor Roger Davies, (Oxford University), visiting September-December 2012.
Prof. Davies (link sends e-mail) (hosted by Matthew Colless) worked with AAO staff on the kinematics of galaxies through looking in detail at their rotation properties using multi-object integral field spectroscopy observations, expanding on the ATLAS-3D results with new measurements from SAMI.
- Dr Mark Phillips (link is external), (Las Campanas Observatory), visiting April-September 2013.
Dr Phillips (link sends e-mail) (hosted by Chris Lidman) worked with AAO staff on near-infrared observations of supernovae to improve their distance estimates, and the corresponding constraints on cosmological parameter measurement.
- Professor Graeme Smith (link is external), (UC Observatories/Lick Observatory), visiting February-March 2013.
Prof. Smith (link sends e-mail) (hosted by Gayandhi De Silva and Sarah Martell) worked with AAO staff on understanding stellar chemical abundances in globular clusters, using high resolution optical spectroscopy and the latest theoretical models to explain the two chemically distinct populations of stars present in these clusters.
- Dr Vivienne Wild (link is external), (St Andrews University), visiting September 2012.
Dr Wild (link sends e-mail) (hosted by Sarah Brough) worked with AAO staff on understanding the origins of galaxy bimodality, through exploring galaxy mergers, starbursts and feedback process with data from the GAMA, CALIFA, DINGO and SAMI surveys.